Friday, March 03, 2006

Success

Yesterday I had to log off to go to a meeting. One of the topics for discussion was "Success". I found it refreshing to hear from these people that they were not instantly equating money with success. It is known you need some of the stuff to be "successful" but the amounts were not a huge burden to attain.
One of the women was discussing how she was reading lots of self-help books in an attenpt to understand this topic. I turned her on to the names I mentioned in the last post and a few suggestions. I hope that helps.

Back to money-What is it?

It is actually a dream of sorts. We have a large bunch of tokens in the form of printed paper, coins, stocks and bonds and those bits of data on a computer, all over the world. They have a value in the place that issues them and they may or may not have value in other places. The values change on a daily rate. I can say 1$=one can of peaches, but that value is only for the location I am in. Can you see the problem of assigning a set value to money? Back in the day when money was backed by gold reserves, it had a (somewhat) fixed value. Now it is free floating, based on a prediction of what a country's net worth for that year may be. How certain is that?

I hope you get my point that money does not have a fixed value. Money only has value when it is being spent. sitting in a sock under the mattress, it is just a bunch of paper with ink on it and some pretty bits of pressed metal.Money is not "real" until it is used in a transaction.

Thus ends the lesson for today.

Michael J. Kaer, President of Kaer Enterprises (.com), www.mjk-private-income.com, www.2bitpixel.com, www.mikesworms.com and www.onthespotmassage.biz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home