Sunday, March 12, 2006

Success breeds Success

I have joined several newsletters and forums that I write to often. One of them deals with one of my hobbies, making crafts. They had asked my to write a personal success story, which I was happy to do. I went on to explain how I started with nothing, just the items you would find in most kitchens and using used wax from burnt candles, I taught myself how to make candles. Of course I read a couple of books on the subject after I started , to refine my methods. I also told about giving away my first few as gifts and went on to selling them on ebay, up to the point where I am selling them on consignment, just concentrating on the fun of creating them rather than the hassle of selling them. I now must buy my wax in bulk, 100 pounds at a time, just to keep up with demand and keep my costs reasonable.

The reason that site wanted success stories is they know that success breeds success. If I can do it, anyone can do it. If you learn from your mistakes; wait a minute, I am getting ahead of myself. First you have to makes some mistakes in the first place to learn from. That means you have to get your hands dirty or in my case waxy, and try something in the first place. Once you have made some mistakes and found out information or experimented with ways to do it better, you can learn from that process and (here is the big secret)apply what you learned in other areas of your life. The more small successes you have the more they will grow to big successes.You can even count the failures and the mistakes as successes if you gain knowledge from them.

The other secret is --- Have fun!

What is the sense of making a ton of money if you are not going to have fun making it and have fun spending it. Money is there to provide joy and satisfaction. By it's very nature ( an idea, not something concrete) the joy and satisfaction will only be short term. It is the constant cycle that brings the joy back again and again. Remember money is not worth anything untill it is spent!

Feel free to sent your personal success stories to me and I can share them with others. Trust me- it will make you feel good.
That all for today, I have to get back to the serious work of having fun!!!
Michael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home